Autumn Speaking marathon 2018
* International Speech Contest (for TM members)
* Evaluation Speech Contest (for TM members)
* Improvised Speech Contest (open for everyone)
* Special workshop by Tatjana Zidar Gale
10th November at 12:00 to 19:00
Arrival and registration 11:30 – 12:00
Lecture room at ABC accelerator Slovenia, Grška ulica, Ljubljana (parking around the venue)
10 EUR for outside guests
FREE for Toastmasters form foreign clubs
5 EUR for members from TM Ljubljana, speakers from Maribor and Koper and past members
(you can pay at the Marathon)
Application deadline for Speech and Evaluation contest: Wednesday, 7 November 2018 midnight
Application deadline for Improvised speeches: until all slots are full
The Toastmasters Speaking marathon is an event for everyone that would like to enhance their public speaking, rhetoric, improvisation, teamwork, time management and leadership skills.
Members of the Toastmaster International Clubs can participate in:
- International Speech Contest
- Evaluation Speech Contest
- Improvised Speech Competition
As usual, the marathon will be held in English language.
Workshop Assertive Communication in Discussions
CONTENT and GOALS for participants
- How to react to possible interlocutor’s insult, disregard and/or his/her disturbing behaviour.
- How to prevent an attack, withdrawal or manipulation by the audience.
- How to calm upsetting, confrontational or even manipulative interlocutors.
- Why do we still choose to use aggressive (fight strategy), passive (flight strategy) and passive-aggressive behaviour (manipulation or double bind); what do we lose when acting in such inappropriate ways.
- How to control our feelings in a discussion.
- How to argue (to challenge our interlocutors) correctly.
- The three perceptual positions or how to respond appropriately (assertive behaviour): our perception, the other side’s perception, neutral or an objective perception by a third party
She graduated from Academy of Theatre, Radio, Film and Television at the University of Ljubljana. She has been regularly updating her knowledge at the Harvard University. In 2002 she obtained the highest international certificate and the title of NLP trainer and in 2005 at the University of Santa Cruz (USA) also the international license and title NLP coach. She is a certified integrative psychotherapist (at IPSA – Institute for Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling in Ljubljana and at I.I.P.A – the International Integrative Psychotherapy Association) and she is also a member of the Slovenian Society of the Integrative Psychotherapy and Transactional Analysis SINTA and a number of the I.I.P.A. In 2012 she also became a teacher of mindfulness (at IPSA in Ljubljana).
She has been conducting seminars and workshops of rhetoric, interpersonal communication, especially assertive communication, problem solving, stress management etc. for 26 years. She is a co-author of two books Dialogue- the Driving Force of Change and Rhetoric Textbook, an introduction to rhetorical skill. She is the author of the books Rhetoric – Power of Words and Arguments, Interpersonal Communication in the Workplace and Rhetoric – the Art of Persuasion.